September 30, 2011

Change

Things change when you have a babe. A lot. No more late night Mickey D's runs or staying up all hours of the night watching movies and chit chatting (unless you wanna pay for it the next day when your baby wakes up at the butt crack of dawn) You're exhausted, pooped and worn out. But, how good does it feel slipping into the sheets so tired and falling asleep as soon as your head hits the piller. Best. feeling. eva.

Things have changed ever since this little human has entered my life. Such as:

1. going to bed at 9:30 on friday nights is a beautiful thang.
2. you fully understand why you have boobs.
3. you respect your parents a whole lot more. heaven help me when my kids become teenagers. i'll be getting a serious pay back.
4. you become a morning person (sometimes)
5. you SHARE EV-ER-Y-THING.
6. you enjoy spending money on them, rather than yourself. Jon would like me to not spend money on either.
7. naps are CRUCIAL.
8. seeing your baby learn/do new things is more exciting than a new episode of The Bachelor/Bachelorette.
9. your love becomes unconditional.
10. you have this extra energy that you never thought you had. seriously, i used to be such a lazy butt and not get up off the couch after work unless it was for food, but now i have the energy to play with the little one. weird how that happens.
11. you realize how amazing the human body really is (I seriously look at her everyday and can't believe we created her and I grew her inside me. It really is miraculous. And how fast your body bounces right back how it was before {kinda} Amazing.)
12. How fast you forget the pain and aches of pregnancy and labor. I would do it all again tomorrow. (but let's wait a couple years)
13. your priorities change.
14. you tend to not wanna listen to nasty rap songs while she's in the back seat or say the occassional swear word, even though she would not have a clue anyway.
15. you always have a little buddy wherever you go. and I love it.

Speaking of little buddies...my twin sis just welcomed her first, Jase Young, into this world on September 28th and I couldn't be more excited for her and Darren. I can't wait to meet him.

Welcome to our family, Jase. We love you!

3 comments:

  1. This is all SO true and I have only been a mom for 5 days! It is crazy. I love my little man and he is the only one I would get up all hours of the night for and not get mad at!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. I just can't wait to get one of them creatures, except I don't know that I will get up, I don't even get up for the thirst of death with the promise of a fizzy DC. You go girl, way to be a mudder

    ReplyDelete